Saturday, January 9, 2010

Anxiously waiting

My dear Miss Netherfield,

I am aware that you are most certainly busy readjusting to life at school, but really, my dear, I am dying for news of you.

How have you been? What occupies your time? Are you much amused by your surroundings? Or are they dull and not worth writing about? In any case, they would not appear dull to me.

Not much going on here to speak of, although my eldest amused us greatly this evening by arranging a family gaming night. She created all of the activities from her own little head. Dear girl. I love how much it means to her that we spend time together.

Write as soon as you can. In the meantime I shall hope for your sake that your friends are plentiful and that the gentlemen there behave themselves.

All my love,

Mrs. Pemberly

PS - I was perusing your letter dated 30 November, again today. It prompted me to write this letter. Don't feel chastised, but do write when you can.

Love, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment