Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The dream

Wonderful to hear from you my dear Miss N!

I had to write instantly and tell you how your dream struck a chord in my heart. What a perfect little scene your words painted for me. I can see your little cottage now with smoke rising from the chimney and a pleasant little brook running under the footbridge that leads to your door. I see you at the window, smiling and beckoning me to come in.

In many ways, I envy you your dream; for it feels much like a long ago dream of my own. Forgive me; that statement savors strongly of regret. I have no regrets. I love the life I am living now. There are simply some dreams that I have that are not yet fulfilled. Someday...

I can appreciate the challenge you are struggling under in trying not to forget the world you recently left behind in the world you find yourself inhabiting now.

In reading dear grandfather's journal I came across a passage that touched my heart and put my experiences of this life in perspective. It was from some counsel he received as he was preparing to go to the temple for the first time. He was told that "what you accumulate, you must leave behind. What you are goes with you." I hope that the experiences you had in Israel are becoming so much a part of you that they cannot be forgotten. They have helped you become what you are. And that will go with you.

I hope I can visit you in your cottage someday. What music and laughter will find us there!

Love unending,
Mrs. P

No comments:

Post a Comment