Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life's waters

Hello dear Miss N,

As always, I was thrilled to hear from you. Have you had your music exam yet? I think I may say with some authority on the subject that music exams can be extremely difficult and tiresome. So I feel for you. Truly. And although I feel that there are the rare pieces of Gregorian Chant that have a feeling of reverence about them, for the most part, it just bores me to death. Music history is much more interesting to study when the repertoire expands to include more than just a bunch of monks singing a Capella. At any rate, I hope you did well on your exam and don't have to waste another thought on it.

The waters of life here seem to be much more stagnant than the turbulence you seem to be swimming in. The only variance seems to come from the waves of sickness that come over me from time to time, and is therefore not much of a welcome change. The children continue to thrive in spite of the periodic negligence caused by the aforementioned sickness that hinders me from providing the usual amount of care for their needs. The girls have indeed become quite independent. The only thing that suffers is their musical training which I, alone, can provide - however, they don't seem to mind. Little Jack is content to play with his trains for all of his waking hours, so he is independent in his own way as well.

We have enjoyed a very mild January with many warm days where only a light jacket is required for comfort out of doors. Spring in our region lasts for months and months and is so green and beautiful with clean, clear air. I love living here.

I just finished reading the "Anne of Green Gables" series. Most of them, anyway. I think Miss Lavender's cottage is exactly the one you are looking for. Now we just need to move it from the fictional world into this one....

Well, I must close mine epistle. Write when you have time, dearest.

Yours ever,

Mrs. P

No comments:

Post a Comment